- 1934 Rolls-Royce 20/25 Chassis No. GYD 25 - 

Chassis No. GYD 25 was sold on 12th June 1934 at a price of £1050. It came off test on 30th July 1934 and had its final test at Barkers Ltd. on 3rd October 1934. It was delivered on 11th October 1934 to Jack Barclay of George Street, London who supplied the car to a Mr. Ivan Maltby of Daleham Gardens, North West London.

The car was originally supplied with Barker D-type limousine coachwork finished in Belco navy blue, with fine lines in gold. It had a leather front interior, with cloth in the rear. The car was specified as a long-type chassis, having Dunlop tyres fitted, an offside mounted spare wheel and a luggage rack.

The chassis cards indicate that by 1959 ownership had changed to a W. McKay and the car had relocated to Belfast, Northern Ireland. In March 1991, it was owned by K. Masterson of Omagh, Northern Ireland. Samuel Hutchinson of Belfast acquired the vehicle in September 2002 and it has been in the current owner’s possession since November 2010.

Today the car is black and old English white and has been re-trimmed with burgundy hide upholstery in the rear and a black hide in the driver’s compartment. It has occasional seats fitted in the rear and a glass division between the driver’s and rear compartment. The car still has the original engine fitted (K7J) and the original chassis.

 

SOLD